Former Arsenal star Willian reveals friends called him ‘crazy’ for leaving the club | KIELSAF | 2024-02-18 16:08:01

New Photo - Former Arsenal star Willian reveals friends called him 'crazy' for leaving the club | KIELSAF | 2024-02-18 16:08:01
Former Arsenal star Willian reveals friends called him 'crazy' for leaving the club | KIELSAF | 2024-02-18 16:08:01

Willian scored only one objective for Arsenal (Photograph: Visionhaus)

Willian has revealed that associates informed him he was 'crazy' for leaving Arsenal regardless of enduring an terrible season with the Gunners.

The Fulham winger made a surprise change from Chelsea to Arsenal on a free in 2020, signing a three-year contract with Mikel Arteta's aspect.

The transfer appeared to be something of a coup for the North Londoners, given the Brazilian's capability, experience and spectacular trophy haul that included two Premier League titles.

But he would find yourself spending only one season on the Emirates, describing the experience as 'the worst time that he had lived as knowledgeable', agreeing to tear up his contract and depart for boyhood club Corinthians, before joining Fulham in 2022.

Arsenal have been paying Willian £240,000-a-week, and the player has now opened up a bit extra on his choice to go away, and revealed how everyone thought he was mad for giving up the astronomical wages.

'Once I left Arsenal everybody knows it was not good. It was a troublesome yr for me,' the 35-year-old informed The Telegraph.

'I decided to go away and, at that time, I still had two extra years contract and I simply stated to them: "Pay attention, let's break the contract. It has not labored the best way we needed. I will go some other place and I'll continue to play football".

Willian is enjoying much more success at Fulham (Photograph: Getty)

'Individuals have been saying to me: "You're crazy. You can't surrender this type of money.

'"Some other participant in your position would by no means do this. They might sit on the contract and acquire the cash". Stuff like that.

'However I don't think about money. I do know money is necessary, for positive. However it's not the very first thing in my life.

Dan Ashworth wants to raid Brighton in first deal as Man Utd sporting director

Darren Bent names two Arsenal players he would sacrifice for Kylian Mbappe

Liverpool dealt huge blow as Alisson picks up injury ahead of Brentford clash

Read More Stories

'For me, God first. Then my family, then football. Then the opposite issues. However I wasn't glad in order that's why I decided to go away.

'I turned the state of affairs round and, now, three years later I am at this club, enjoying myself. It's a tremendous club, to be trustworthy.'

Up to now, Willian has scored a really credible 10 objectives and made eight assists in 56 appearances for the Cottagers, and together with his assist they appear to have established themselves as a Premier League aspect once once more.

For more tales like this, check our sport page.

Comply with Metro Sport for the newest news on FacebookTwitter and Instagram.

#former #arsenal #star #willian #reveals #friends #called #crazy #leaving #club #US #UK #NZ #PH #NY #LNDN #Manila #Sport

More >> https://ift.tt/OhC4ZVH Source: MAG NEWS

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post